OMG. You guys, I leave for Alaska tomorrow!! Well, I actually go to Seattle tomorrow, then board our cruise ship on Saturday, but whatever. I’m so so so excited. Alaska has always been a dream vacation of mine, up on the list by Iceland (which I’m also going to in August!!!). We decided to take a cruise to see a lot of places in a short amount of time. We’ll be visiting Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Glacier Bay, and Victoria (British Columbia). We’ve decided to take a tour/excursion at every stop, so over the next week I’ll be:
- Paddling across the ocean by icebergs, out to Mendenhall Glacier. Then hiking around the glacier, and exploring glacial rivers, crevasses, and ice caves
- Hiking through national forest to a river, then floating down the river through a Fjord to the sea
- Riding a train through gorgeous mountain passes
- Standing with my mouth hanging open in awe of the beautiful Glacier Bay National Park
- Flying in a sea plane over the Misty Fjords
- Orca whale watching at sunset
Words cannot express my excitement, I’m literally bouncing in my seat right now. And I’m so excited to get to share my experiences with you all in a new travel post! Travel posts are my favorite! I love sharing my experiences and tips with you all and I hope they can help you plan your own trips, know which things are worth visiting, and what you should maybe avoid. Plus, how to eat clean/gluten free/paleo while traveling!
A huge part of staying on track while traveling is to plan for success. Even though we’ll be traveling on a cruise ship with tons of food, I’ll be bringing healthy snacks to bring on excursions or to tide me over until I can get a real meal, and one of the snacks I’m packing is a batch of these cookies! They’re SO satisfying for a sweet treat, while not going over-kill on the sugar, and packing a protein punch. I’m also packing easy snacks like RX Bars, Larabars, almond butter packs, and protein powder!
Unfortunately cruising through the ocean means I won’t have any wifi, which means I won’t be able to post on the blog next week 🙁 I’ll be back in full forse as soon as I’m back, though, and I can’t wait to share my experience with you! Until then, feel free to check out some of my other travel posts and get some inspiration for your next trip!
See you in 2 weeks! Xoxo